The ‘wide flume’ is a 3 m wide and 18 m long glassed-wall open-channel with a longitudinal bed slope of 1.1/1000. Depending on the studied research topic, this flume is used :
- with a compound open-channel configuration (central main channel with one or two adjacent floodplains), 18 m x 3 m
- with a non-compound open-channel configuration (single rectangular cross-section), 18 m x 1 m
The flume is supplied with water by three independent inlet tanks (1m x 1.7m each). Each tank is filled with water through a tower with a constant water level reservoir. At the downstream end of the flume, three variable tail weirs are used to control the water surface elevation.
- Overbank flows or flows in compound open-channels
- Les écoulements confinés latéralement en présence de macro-rugosités émergées et faiblement immergées
- Les instabilités de Kelvin-Helmholtz dans les écoulements peu profonds cisaillés
- Les ondes transverses et longitudinales en écoulement permanent.
- Unsteady flows
- Water surface waves in steady flows through macro-roughness elements